The CHARGE Syndrome Foundation is run almost entirely by volunteers – parents and professionals who dedicate their time to running the Foundation, supporting families, organizing biennial conferences, and even doing things like building this website. This allows the Foundation to invest 90% of funds raised into directly supporting the cause.
The Foundation recognizes those who have made significant contributions (individuals or couples, groups or organizations) in the following areas:
- To the Foundation and its work with service or financial support,
- To individuals with CHARGE or their families, or
- To the understanding, management, and treatment of CHARGE syndrome. Recipients need not be members of the
There are four categories of awards:
- CHARGE Recognition
- CHARGE Foundation Certificates of Appreciation
- Fundraising Awards
A crystal star engraved with the Foundation logo and recipient(s) name. This is the Foundation’s highest award. It is given for significant contributions over a period of time. The first Stars were awarded in 1999.
Past Award Recipients – Stars
1999: Meg Hefner, Sandra Davenport, Marion Norbury, Lee Norbury
2001: Jim Thelin, Tommy and Robin Adkins, Kim Blake, Steve Sorkin, Bruce & Susan Appell
2005: David Brown, Tim Hartshorne, Neal Stanger
2007: Robert Last, Ogan Family
2009: Brownie Shott, Lisa Weir
2011: Jeremy Kirk, David Wolfe, Susan Wolfe
2013: Pamela Ryan, Jody Wolfe
2015: Conny van Ravenswaaij-Arts and Joe & Kathy McNulty
Excellence in Fundraising Awards
A plaque engraved with the Foundation logo and the name(s) of the recipient(s). This is typically given to people who have made an extraordinary effort to raise funds for the Foundation. This award was added in 2013 and is awarded by the Executive Committee.
Diamond: Eric Bluestone, Patricia & Richard Cotter, Kelty & Allan Fisher, Lauren & Jason Hubler, Kristen & Jason Matthew, Sheri & Neal Stanger, Deanna & Bill Steinhauser, Jody & David Wolfe
Platinum: Friends Of Eva, Heather & Andrew Chandler, Patricia & Paul Cosenza, Jasmine & Kyle Jervis, Sandy & Phillip Kurby
Gold: Friends Of Ethan, Dayna Hardwick, Teri Radke, Pamela Ryan, Team Ava’s Angels, Team Zoe Bella, Aubrey Williams, Cindy & Michael Archuleta, Patricia & Jeff Barr, Jackie & Scott Bauer, Julie & Jay Brandrup, Audrey & William Dwyer, Colleen & Phillip Feather, Ingrid & Christian Lobaugh, Poonam & Amrit Mehta
Excellence Awards: Emmadell & Wallace Vernon, Jody & David Wolfe, Sheri & Neal Stanger, Poonam & Amrit Mehta, Brownie & Tom Shott, Eric & Sabrina Bluestone, Julie & Jay Brandrup, Michelle & Michael D’Agostino, Bryan Glines, Dayna Hardwick, Suzanne & Ray Koudelka, Sandy & Phil Kurby, Kristen & Jason Matthew, Tina & Rik Menconi, Tracy & Mike Roth, Corki & Chris Roth, Deanna & Bill Steinhauser
Creative Fundraising Award: Minnie Lambert
Any person or group may nominate an individual, couple, group, or organization. The nominator must submit a well-documented nomination which includes the following information:
- Name and contact information (email, phone and address) of the nominator
- Name(s) and contact information (address, telephone number, and email address if possible) of the nominee(s)
- Description of the nominee’s service or activities that are to be considered for recognition. A carefully-prepared, thorough nomination will give the Foundation the best opportunity to evaluate the nomination fairly. Please be as specific and complete as possible.
- Specify whether the nomination is for Stars-in-CHARGE, CHARGE Recognition, or for either award (at the discretion of the Foundation).
Please email your nomination to: email@example.com